According to the Shostka District Military Commissariat, 4,865 people were drafted into the Red Army from June 29 to December 30, 1941.
Of them, people were sent to:
- fighter battalions – 320;
- units of the national militia – 550 people;
- guerrilla units – 92;
- construction of fortifications – 1,860 people;
Between January 1943 and September 1945, a total of 6,823 persons were drafted into the Red Army from the Shostka district.
6,460 residents of Shostka city and region were killed in World War II.
- 3,303 persons were killed at the front lines;
- 279 people – in the rear of the enemy:
- 47 persons in camps for prisoners of war and concentration camps;
- 2,828 persons were reported missing.